Friday, January 01, 2010

A Picture A Day Experiment

I'm going to try something this year. I follow a few blogs where people post a photo every day. That's really cool and I didn't think I would be able to do that because I never thought my photos were that good. But after reading some other blogs in late 2009, I decided to give it a try. My photos may not be world class, but I think some are pretty good.

These won't necessarily be photos I've taken THAT DAY. They are just photos I think are neat. Some I'll have processed a lot, some I won't have done anything to. My goal is to post a photo each morning here, hopefully I'll be able to do that. :) I upload all my photos to Flickr and clicking the photo will take you to that photo on Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/richtpt

Oh, and for those curious, I have a Sony DSC-H50. I'd love to have a nice DSLR, but I feel I first need to learn more about photography before I purchase that level of camera. If a professional were using my camera they could take amazing photos, so me buying a DSLR won't instantly make me take better photos.

So here's the first photo. It's from Christmas morning 2009. I left the shutter open for 1.3 seconds with all the lights off except the tree. This is unprocessed straight from the camera. I might process this later if I have time. I thought it turned out pretty good. :)