Monday, January 25, 2010

2009 Starlight Parade

I'm a member of the One More Time around Again Marching Band. We are about 560 musicians, dancers, flags and other auxiliaries, and I've been in it for 25 years now! Every year we march in two parades that are part of our Portland Rose Festival, a Starlight Parade (done 9pm when it's dark, hence the name) and the main event, our Grand Floral Parade. It's really a blast to march along, wave to the crowd, get silly, not worry too much how straight the line is, etc, after several years of doing this parade in high school where we were judged and HAD to be super perfect.

I was taking photos while on the parade route (which I love to do, give a different view of the parade) and forgot my camera was on the wrong setting. After I saw this one I actually liked it a lot. No extra processing here, just a camera goof that turned out well. :)

Mary conducting