Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Da Vinci Code Movie/book

I'm looking at the news online and just see tons of items about people protesting the movie, trying to block it from being shown, planning boycott's, etc. 

Hello?  Is anyone home?  The movie/book is FICTION!  That means it isn't real!  Even on Dan Brown's website he says,
"The Da Vinci Code is a novel and therefore a work of fiction."
I guess some people could read the book or watch the movie and think it's true, but that's their problem.  It's made up.  Fake.  Not true.  And it's a darn good story too!  Dan Brown even states
"Even so, a small but vocal group of individuals has proclaimed the story dangerous, heretical, and anti-Christian. While I regret having offended those individuals, I should mention that
priests, nuns, and clergy contact me all the time to thank me for
writing the novel. Many church officials are celebrating The Da Vinci
Code because it has sparked renewed interest in important topics of
faith and Christian history."

I read the book, loved it and am now looking forward to watching the movie.  Get real people, it isn't fact, and it's actually a really good story.


powered by performancing firefox