Friday, November 30, 2007

No one understands...

Yesterday I was working on making a program run automatically when someone changed an order status. I could have found the code that runs to update that field in the database - and there are probably several programs that update that field - but I decided to add a trigger to that field in the database.

Now anytime a change is made to that field, some code will run looking for certain conditions. If those are met then this other program will run. I've done this before, but it has been a long time and wasn't remembering if it would work how I wanted.

It did. I was thrilled. Jumping out of my chair thrilled. Hands in the air as a sign of triumphant success thrilled. Others here in my IT department wanted to know what made me so happy. I told them. The reply was, "And that's a good thing, right?"

sigh....

Sometimes it's so frustrating when you do something really cool and no one understands how cool it is. You want to share it with someone, have them jump up and down with you, high-five, do the jump-in-the-air-chest-slamming thing. Oh well, in my mind I did that and enjoyed it a lot. haha